Board Appointments and Corporate Governance
Because EGI brings a comprehensive business perspective to our Clients that comes from managing many enterprises and serving on numerous Boards, we can prime companies for growth while managing shifting global, economic and regulatory influences.
EGI is very effective at working constructively and maintaining organic dialogue with the management teams of companies where we serve on the Board and can often achieve results not attainable to less involved Board representatives.
Some typical situations where an EGI Advisor might be considered for a Board:
- Participating as a co-investor
- Providing a singular focus or fresh look as a value-add to the investment
- Working with existing management in a turnaround situation
- Taking on a Board seat in a troubled investment where considerable involvement is required, allowing the private equity firm to focus on the rest of the portfolio during this high intensity effort
- Serving as a Board “observer” to represent investors in optimizing their investment returns
- Guiding a company through an exit or acquisition to ensure a successful transition of ownership
Our Advisors have a long history of Board-level experience from numerous private companies:
- Academy Group
- Action Bracelet
- A&E, Sears/Whirlpool Business Unit
- American College of Paris
- Americity Federal Corporation
- Family Business Institute of Eastern Tennessee, Inc.
- Formfit Rogers, Inc.
- Fulton Bellows, LLC
- HiTech Electronic Displays, Inc.
- Home Fashions of Canada
- Ithaca Industries Inc.
- Lee Brass
- Magnum Venus Products
- Monarch Windows and Doors
- Nature-Pak, LLC
- On-Call International LLC
- Polymer Solutions International, Inc.
- Private Label Cosmetics, Inc.
- QualServ Corporation (Advisors)
- Shanghai ABC Structural Steel Co. Ltd.
- Teen Driver Safety Council
- The Athletic House, Inc.
- U.S. Cotton, LLC
- WRS Infrastructure & Environmental, Inc.